ING KiDS ROCK Philly
Kids, Get Ready To Rock!
- Date: Thursday, September 12, 2013
- Time: Races start at 10:30 am
- Location: Belmont Plateau
Kids can be part of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon race weekend excitement by participating in the ING KiDS ROCK Philly. ING KiDS ROCK, is a non-timed, non-competitive event for children in grades 2 – 8! Kids can become marathon finishers on race day by completing a cumulative marathon training program in the weeks leading up to the race. Or, they can simply choose to run the 1-mile course on race day.
There are two ways to register, for an ING KiDS ROCK event:
- School Scholarship Information School Scholarship Program ING KiDS ROCK and ING Run For Something Better(r) (ING RFSB) want to give back to schools in the communities where programs exist by extending scholarships to ING KiDS ROCK events for schools in need. Your school may qualify for a scholarship if it meets the requirements.Click here for application
- School Fundraising Information School Fundraising Program – if your school does not meet the School Scholarship Program requirements and still seeks student assistance, you can apply to participate in a healthy fundraising program. Students can raise funds to support their miles accumulated by participating in the ING Run For Something Better Training program and earn their way to an ING KiDS ROCK event. Find out if your school meets the requirements.
Race Schedule & Information
- Tentative Schedule – this will be modified closer to race day
- Grades 2 & 3: 10:30 am*
- Grades 4 & 5: 10:40 am*
- Grades 6, 7 & 8: 10:50 am*
*times are subject to change
Download the Official ING Run For Something Better Training Guide for ING KiDS ROCK. The training guide helps kids track their training. Parents, coaches and teachers use this to sign off on weekly training that will help kids reach their goal of his or her final mile. This guide is full of fun activities and great information in jump starting a healthy lifestyle!
Rock their World – Volunteer!
Help a kid rock from the start to the finish! We need volunteers to help assist on race day. Each volunteer will receive a T-shirt and medal along with the satisfaction of helping a child finish a marathon!
To volunteer, click here.
- E-mail: email@example.com