ING KiDS ROCK Los Angeles
Thanks for running with us in 2013! Stay tuned for information about 2014 KiDS ROCK!
Kids can be part of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon race weekend excitement by participating in the 2nd annual ING KiDS ROCK Los Angeles. ING KiDS ROCK, is a non-timed, non-competitive event for children in grades K – 7! Kids can become marathon finishers on race day by completing a cumulative marathon training program in the weeks leading up to the race. Or, they can simply choose to run the 1-mile course on race day.
Run with your Friends
School/Team registration is now open. There is no additional fee to be a team, however you need a minimum of 10 registered participants to be considered a team in our registration system. Being an official ING KiDS ROCK Team allows your team name to be listed in our registration system and allows you to pick-up your student’s race numbers and t-shirts. Please complete the online Intent To Form a Team Application.
There are three ways to register, for an ING KiDS ROCK event:
- Individual/School Paid Registration:- Entry fee: $25 prior to race weekend
- Expo registration: $30
- Entry fee Includes: Official ING Run For Something Better Training Guide, ING Kids Rockin’ Race T-shirt Official Race Number Colorful Finisher’s Medal Goodie Bag Post-Race Refreshments Paper entries accepted until October 21, 2013 or sell out. Online registration available until October 21, 2013 or sell out. Race day registration is NOT available. All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- School Scholarship Information School Scholarship Program ING KiDS ROCK and ING Run For Something Better(r) (IRFSB) want to give back to schools in the communities where programs exist by extending scholarships to ING KiDS ROCK events for schools in need. Your school may qualify for a scholarship if it meets the requirements.
- School Fundraising Information School Fundraising Program – if your school does not meet the School Scholarship Program requirements and still seeks student assistance, you can apply to participate in a healthy fundraising program. Students can raise funds to support their miles accumulated by participating in the ING Run For Something Better Training program and earn their way to an ING KiDS ROCK event. Find out if your school meets the requirements.
*Parents/and or Chaperones may choose to run with their kids, but do NOT need to register.
Interested? Download the Entry Form!
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. No exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your race number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Competitor Group event
Health & Fitness Expo
No race experience is complete without a visit to the Health & Fitness Expo the site of the Race Number and t-shirt pick up. Spend time visiting the vendors as they hand out free samples, feature new products and offer discounts valid for attendees only.
- Date/ time – Friday, October 26: 1 pm – 6 pm
- Location – LA Convention Center
Race Schedule & Information
Kindergarteners (1/2 Mile): 9:00 am
Grade 1: 9:15 am
Grade 2: 9:30 am
Grade 3: 9:45 am
Grade 4: 10:00 am
Grade 5: 10:10 am
Grade 6 & 7: 10:20 am
Download the Official ING Run For Something Better Training Guide for ING KiDS ROCK. The training guide helps kids track their training. Parents, coaches and teachers use this to sign off on weekly training that will help kids reach their goal of his or her final mile. This guide is full of fun activities and great information in jump starting a healthy lifestyle!
Rock their World – Volunteer!
Help a kid rock from the start to the finish! We need volunteers to help assist on race day. Each volunteer will receive a T-shirt and goodie bag along with the satisfaction of helping a child finish a marathon!
Phone: (800) 311-1255
Or visit the webpage at: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/los-angeles/volunteer
Make sure to stop by the Chipotle tent at the Finish Line Festival to enjoy t-shirt decorating, and grab a burrito at your local Chipotle after the race!
Urban Xtreme is reaching thousands of kids, currently, performing on school tours and promoting Anti-Bullying and Childhood Obesity Prevention. The girls recently performed as special invited guests at Nick Cannon’s Take Action Leadership Event at Paramount Studios, for over 3000 people and students. They have, also, been added to the NRG tour along with IM5, Kenton Duty and Ochoa Boyz and will be co-headlining with Kidz Bop at the OC County Fair. After performing for a packed crowd at The Roxy and sharing the Young Hollywood Club Spring Beat Concert stage with IM5, Blush and the Ochoa Boys and co-headlining a charity concert with After Romeo, Acacia Brinley and Zac Mann, Urban Xtreme empowers youth through music and dance and exudes professionalism, innovative vision and a passion for the arts that surpasses their years.
Visit their website at www.urbanxtremecrew.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-800-311-1255